Hau Pei-tsun passes away in Taipei
TAIPEI, March 30 -- Hau Pei-tsun, former head of Taiwan's executive authority and former vice chairperson of the Kuomintang, died of multiple organ failure Monday afternoon in Taipei at the age of 101.
Hau, born in 1919 in Yancheng, east China's Jiangsu Province, left the mainland for Taiwan in 1949. He had also served as chief of the island's defense authority.
- Mainland welcomes Taiwan students, athletes coming to study: spokesperson
- 153 Taiwan compatriots in Hubei fly back to Taiwan via Shanghai
- Commentary: No one can stop China's full reunification
- Mainland actively facilitates Taiwan compatriots' return: official
- Consumer confidence in Taiwan weakens in March