Fujian's equal treatment lists benefit Taiwan compatriots: spokesperson
BEIJING, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- The equal treatment lists recently published by east China's Fujian will help Taiwan compatriots and enterprises grasp beneficial policies in the province, a mainland spokesperson said on Wednesday.
The move is an important step for Fujian to explore new paths for integrated development across the Taiwan Strait, said Zhu Fenglian, spokesperson for the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, at a press conference.
Covering areas including economy, society, culture and education, the lists prove Fujian will share with Taiwan compatriots development opportunities, offer wider equal treatment, and build the province a first destination on the mainland for Taiwan compatriots and enterprises, Zhu said.
Noting the Democratic Progressive Party authority is rampantly obstructing people in Taiwan from participating in cross-Strait exchanges and cooperation, Zhu said such attempt will find no support of the people and is doomed to fail. Enditem
- Taiwan leader's New Year speech exposes secessionist nature: mainland spokesperson
- Official: US election will not affect mainland's Taiwan policy
- Taiwan urged to keep COVID-19 diagnosis free of political manipulation
- Mainland spokesperson confirms crackdown on Taiwan authorities' espionage activities
- Straits Forum scheduled for September in Fujian