Mainland slams Taiwan's statement on coronavirus partnership with Czech Republic
BEIJING - A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Friday slammed a so-called joint statement between "the Taipei economic and cultural office in the Czech Republic" and the Czech economic and cultural office on forging a partnership against coronavirus.
This move by Taiwan's Democratic Progressive Party authority is not about protecting the health and well-being of the people on the island but about using the pandemic as an excuse to seek "Taiwan independence," said Zhu Fenglian, spokesperson for the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council.
The attempt will never succeed, said Zhu.
- Mainland welcomes Taiwan students, athletes coming to study: spokesperson
- 153 Taiwan compatriots in Hubei fly back to Taiwan via Shanghai
- Commentary: No one can stop China's full reunification
- Mainland actively facilitates Taiwan compatriots' return: official
- Consumer confidence in Taiwan weakens in March